Are you looking to whip up something delicious and satisfying for dinner tonight? Look no further! This easy-to-follow recipe for barbecue beef sandwiches is sure to hit the spot. Whip up some delicious sandwiches with just a few ingredients in under an hour, and you’ll be enjoying the perfect meal in no time!
Barbecue Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 2- pound beef round steak cut ¾-inch thick
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1 14½- ounce can tomatoes cut up
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano crushed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 hamburger buns
- Trim separable fat from meat. Cut meat into 4 or 6 pieces. Spray a cold Dutch oven with nonstick spray coating. Add half of the steak pieces and brown each piece on both sides. Remove; repeat, browning remaining steak pieces. Drain any fat. Return all meat to Dutch oven.
- Add undrained tomatoes, onion, carrot, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, chili powder, oregano, garlic, and bay leaf to Dutch oven. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer for 2 to 2½ hours or till meat is very tender.
- Remove meat from sauce and shred meat. Simmer sauce, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Discard bay leaf. Transfer meat and sauce to l-, 2-, or 4-serving-size freezer containers. Cover, label, and freeze for up to 6 months.
- To reheat, transfer mixture to a saucepan; add 1 tablespoon water. Cook over low heat till heated through, stirring occasionally. (Allow 8 to 10 minutes for 1 or 2 servings; 25 to 30 minutes for 4 servings. Serve on buns.