Brown rice pilaf is a tasty and nutritious side dish that is perfect for any meal. It is a great way to add bulk to your meal while providing nourishment and flavor. This delicious recipe combines the nutty flavor of brown rice with the savory taste of herbs and spices. Whether it’s served as a side dish or main course, brown rice pilaf is sure to please. The ingredients are simple and the preparation is straightforward. In addition, it’s low in fat, high in fiber, and packed with vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients. Let’s take a look at how to make this delicious pilaf dish and all the benefits it has to offer.
Brown Rice Pilaf Recipe
- ½ teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¾ cup quick-cooking brown rice
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram crushed
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Dash pepper
- In a medium saucepan stir together bouillon granules and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in mushrooms, brown rice, carrot, marjoram, and dash pepper. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add green onion and parsley; toss lightly with a fork. Serve immediately.