There are few dishes as comforting and satisfying as a bowl of soup. Whether you are looking for a light snack or an enjoyable meal, the classic combination of cheese and vegetables in a soup will hit the spot. Not only is this cheese and vegetables soup recipe genuinely delicious, but it is also surprisingly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time, you can whip up a comforting and nourishing soup that will become a family favorite.
This recipe produces a creamy yet healthy soup that can be enjoyed as a leisurely lunch, a light snack, or a comforting dinner starter. Even the pickiest eaters will find something to love in this dish. Combining the cheese with the vegetables creates a flavor powerhouse that will delight the taste buds. The soup is versatile and can be adjusted to suit your tastes. You can easily add any additional ingredients to make the soup your own.
So what are you waiting for? This cheesy vegetable soup recipe is just begging to be made. Enjoy!
Cheese and Vegetables Soup Recipe
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped peeled potato
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- ¼ cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup shredded American cheese
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan combine chicken broth, potato, celery, carrot, and green or sweet red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl stir together milk and flour; stir into saucepan. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in cheese till melted; stir in nutmeg.
- Microwave directions: In a 1½- or 2-quart microwave-safe casserole combine chicken broth, potato, celery, carrot, and green or sweet red pepper.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power (high) for 8 to 10 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl stir together milk and flour; stir into casserole.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on high for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after every minute till mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir every 30 seconds till thickened and bubbly; micro-cook 1 minute more. Stir in cheese till melted; stir in nutmeg.