If you’re anything like me, you love Italian food. And of all the Italian dishes, Spaghetti with Meat Sauce has got to be one of the best. It’s hearty, comforting, and oh-so-delicious. Plus, it’s surprisingly easy to make. In this blog post, I’m going to share with you my recipe for Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. You won’t believe how simple and flavorful it is! All you need are a few basic ingredients and about an hour of your time. So, let’s get cooking!
Spaghetti With Meat Sauce Recipe
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 16- ounce can tomatoes cut up
- ½ 6- ounce can 1/3 cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup water or dry red wine
- ½ teaspoon dried basil crushed
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano crushed
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- In a large saucepan cook meat, mushrooms, onion, carrot, green pepper, celery, and garlic till meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain off fat.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, water or wine, basil, oregano, bay leaf, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf.
- Combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon cold water. Stir into sauce. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well. Serve sauce over spaghetti.