Nothing beats a flavorful, comforting and creamy shrimp pasta! This dish is an easy-to-make weeknight favorite that your family and friends will absolutely love. Its creamy sauce and succulent seafood take this dish to the next level. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal or a delicious dish to bring to your next potluck, this creamy shrimp pasta recipe is sure to please. Not only is it deliciously creamy and packed full of flavor, but it’s also surprisingly easy to make.
Saucy Shrimp and Pasta Recipe
- 4 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 14½- ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Dash ground red pepper
- 1 16- ounce package frozen peeled
- and deveined shrimp
- Fresh parsley sprigs optional
- In a 4½-quart Dutch oven bring 4 cups hot water to boiling. Add pasta; cook according to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan stir together tomatoes, cornstarch, parsley, sugar, Italian seasoning, and red pepper. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in shrimp. Return to boiling and cook 1 to 3 minutes or till shrimp turn pink.
- Serve shrimp mixture over pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs, if desired.