Buttermilk biscuits. Nothing quite compares to them! Flaky, buttery and oh-so-tasty, they’re the perfect addition to any meal. Whether you’re making breakfast for your family or hosting a dinner party, buttermilk biscuits are sure to be a hit. Plus, they’re surprisingly easy to make. With this simple buttermilk biscuit recipe, you’ll have delectable biscuits in no time! Let’s get baking!
Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Orange Spread optional
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl stir together buttermilk and oil. Pour over flour mixture; stir till well mixed.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes. Roll or pat dough to ½-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter, dipping cutter in flour between cuts. Transfer biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450° oven for 10 to 12 minutes or till golden. Serve warm with Orange Spread.
- Orange Spread: In a small mixer bowl beat one-half of an 8-ounce package reduced-calorie cream cheese and 2 tablespoons orange marmalade or peach or apricot preserves till creamy. Beat in ¼ cup reduced-calorie soft margarine till smooth. Makes 12 servings (59 calories per 1-tablespoon serving).