Welcome to my Fettuccine with Creamy Ham Sauce Recipe! This ultra-comforting dish will please the whole family and make for an easy weeknight dinner. It’s a creamy, indulgent combination of tender ham, creamy alfredo sauce, and perfectly cooked fettuccine noodles that everyone asks for seconds. This is an easy, satisfying meal that is sure to become a family favorite. Plus, it’s so customizable that you can switch up the flavors and ingredients to make it your own. So come on in, and let’s get cooking!
Fettuccine With Creamy Ham Sauce Recipe
- 1 12- ounce can evaporated skim milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese 1½ ounces
- 1 cup sliced fully cooked ham cut into thin strips
- about 5 ounces
- 1 cup cooked broccoli or cauliflower cut into
- bite-size pieces
- 1 2½- ounce jar sliced mushrooms drained
- 6 ounces fettuccine cooked and drained
- 3 cups cooked*
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions optional
- In a medium saucepan stir together milk, cornstarch, mustard, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Add cheese; stir till melted. Stir in ham, broccoli or cauliflower, and mushrooms. Cook and stir till heated through. Pour over hot pasta. If desired, garnish with sliced green onions.
- Microwave directions: In a 1½-quart casserole combine milk, cornstarch, mustard, salt, and pepper. Micro-cook on 100% power (high) for 4 to 6 minutes (6 to 8 minutes in low-wattage ovens) or till thickened and bubbly, stirring after every minute. Add cheese, stirring till melted. Add ham, broccoli or cauliflower, and mushrooms. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more (4 to 5 minutes in low-wattage ovens) or till heated through. Serve as directed above.