Mostaccioli is a classic Italian dish full of flavor, making it the perfect meal for any night of the week. This easy-to-prepare recipe combines ham, vegetables, and mostaccioli pasta to create a hearty and delicious dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
The combination of savory ham, vegetables, and soft pasta provides a variety of textures and flavors that will satisfy everyone’s appetite. With its bright colors and aromatic flavors, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Best of all, it is simple to make and requires minimal ingredients, making it an economical and convenient meal option.
So, why not give this classic Italian-inspired ham and vegetable mostaccioli recipe a try and see what all the fuss is about?
Ham and Vegetables With Mostaccioli Recipe
- 4 ounces mostaccioli 1½ cups
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil crushed
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram crushed
- 1 13- ounce can 1 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 5 ounces fully cooked ham cut into strips (1 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine zucchini, onion, and ¼ cup water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes or till vegetables are crisp-tender; drain well. Return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan combine cornstarch, basil, marjoram, a little of the evaporated milk, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir in remaining milk all at once. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Stir sauce, ham, and pasta into vegetables. Heat through.