Are you looking for a tasty, healthy lunch idea that will take a short time to make? Look no further than this delicious vegetable and turkey sandwich recipe! It’s the perfect combination of savory and fresh with the bonus of being good for you. Packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals, this sandwich will give you an extra energy boost to get through your day. Plus, it’s easy to customize to your tastes – add your favorite veggies and seasonings! This recipe is sure to become one of your go-to lunch options. So let’s get started!
Vegetable and Turkey Sandwich Recipe
- ½ cup sliced green pepper
- ½ cup small cauliflower flowerets
- 1 medium carrot cut into thin strips (½ cup)
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 6 pitted ripe olives sliced
- 4 green onions cut into strips
- ½ cup reduced-calorie Italian salad dressing
- ½ teaspoon dried basil crushed
- 4 club rolls split
- 4 slices fully cooked turkey breast 4 ounces total
- Combine green pepper slices, cauliflower, carrot strips, chopped tomato, olive slices, and onion strips. Stir in Italian salad dressing and basil.
- Cover and refrigerate vegetable mixture for 4 to 24 hours.
- To assemble sandwiches, toast rolls, if desired.
- Top each roll half with half a turkey slice.
- Stir vegetable mixture. Using a slotted spoon, spoon vegetable mixture over turkey slices.