If you love burgers but are looking for something a little different, then an Italian-style burger may be just the thing. This delicious twist on the classic burger recipe combines all the flavors of Italian cuisine to make a unique burger that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. With a few simple ingredients and a little bit of creativity, you can enjoy a delicious Italian-style burger that is sure to become a much-loved family favorite!
Italian-Style Burgers Recipe
- ¼ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ¾ pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano crushed
- ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together bread crumbs, milk, onion, parsley, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and pepper. Add meat; mix well. Shape into four ¾-inch-thick patties.
- Place meat patties on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 inches from the heat for 6 minutes. Turn and broil 6 to 8 minutes more or till meat is no longer pink.
- Top each burger with 1 slice of tomato. Sprinkle with oregano, then mozzarella cheese. Broil 1 to 2 minutes more or till cheese is melted.