Whether you are packing a lunch for work or school, or need a quick and easy meal for dinner, this chicken salad recipe will surely hit the spot. With its creamy dressing, crunchy vegetables, and tender chicken, this lunch box chicken salad is the perfect addition to any meal. You can just read on to learn how to make this tasty and easy recipe.
Lunch Box Chicken Salad Recipe
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2/3 cup elbow macaroni cooked
- 1 cup cooked cut green beans
- 5 ounces cooked chicken or ham
- cut into bite-size strips 1 cup*
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Dash pepper
- For dressing, in a large mixing bowl stir together yogurt, orange juice, honey or sugar, mustard, and pepper.
- Add cooked macaroni, green beans, chicken or ham, carrot, and green onions. Toss to mix well.
- Divide among 3 small airtight containers. Chill overnight. Store up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Carry in an insulated lunch box with a frozen ice pack.