Are you looking for a delicious and healthy summer side dish that will please the whole family? If so, this marinated zucchini and mushroom recipe is just the thing! Packed with flavor, this easy-to-make dish is sure to become a favorite in your home. Not only is it healthy and delicious, but it also uses ingredients that you may already have in your pantry, making it a great addition to any meal. So, if you’re in the mood for something unique and tasty, this marinated zucchini and mushroom dish should be at the top of your list!
Marinated Zucchini and Mushrooms Recipe
- 8 ounces small whole fresh mushrooms 3 cups
- 2 small zucchini and/or yellow summer squash
- bias-sliced into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups
- 1 small sweet red pepper cut into square pieces
- ½ cup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried tarragon or oregano crushed
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Place mushrooms, zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, and red pepper in a plastic bag set in a deep bowl.
- For marinade, in small mixing bowl stir together lemon juice, oil, sugar, salt, tarragon or oregano, pepper, and garlic. Mix well. Pour marinade over vegetables in bag. Seal bag. Marinate vegetables in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- To serve, pour vegetables and marinade into serving dish. Serve with toothpicks.