When finding a delicious and easy recipe for dinner, Oriental Beef and Broccoli is a classic choice. Not only does it pair perfectly with various sides, but it can be made in less than 30 minutes with minimal effort.
This recipe packs in a ton of flavor without much work or time. The beef and broccoli are lightly stir-fried in a savory sauce, creating a perfect balance of flavors. The beef is tender, the broccoli is crunchy, and the sauce adds an unforgettable depth of flavor.
No matter your skill level in the kitchen, you’ll be able to make this tasty dinner in no time. Plus, it’s a great way to involve the whole family, as everyone can help prepare the ingredients.
The best part is that you can easily customize the flavors to suit your taste. The possibilities are endless, from doubling the number of vegetables to adding a spicy kick. Whether you have friends over for dinner or feed yourself and your family, this Oriental Beef and Broccoli recipe will be sure to please.
Start by gathering all of your ingredients and prepping them for cooking. This will simplify the process, and you won’t have to worry about missing something once you start. With just a few simple steps, you’ll be able to create this delicious dinner in no time.
Oriental Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- ¾ pound beef top round steak
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup thinly bias-sliced carrots
- 6 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Partially freeze meat. Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips. Set aside.
- In a 2-quart casserole stir together soy sauce, vinegar, molasses, garlic, and red pepper. Stir in meat. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Cook meat mixture, covered, on 100% power (high) for 3 to 5 minutes or till meat is no longer pink, stirring every 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove meat from casserole; set aside. Reserve juices in casserole.
- Add carrots to juices in casserole. Cook, covered, on high for 1 minute. Add broccoli and cook 4 to 6 minutes more or till vegetables are nearly crisp-tender, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Stir together cornstarch and water; stir into vegetables. Cook, uncovered, on high for 2 to 3 minutes or till slightly thickened, stirring after every minute. Stir in meat. Cook, covered, on high for 1 minute or till heated through.