If you’re in search of a comforting and delicious one-pot meal, then look no further than the picadillo rice recipe! This easy and flavorful dish is the perfect meal for any occasion. It’s simple to make, packed with flavor, and requires minimal effort – making it ideal for busy weeknights or relaxed weekend dinners. Serve it with a side of fresh vegetables for a complete and wholesome meal. Ready to get cooking? Let’s get started on this easy, delicious picadillo rice recipe.
Picadillo Rice Recipe
- ¾ pound lean ground pork or ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 16- ounce can tomatoes cut up
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon optional
- ½ cup long grain rice
- In a large skillet cook meat, onion, and green pepper till meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain well.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, water, raisins, olives, chili powder, cumin, salt, and cinnamon. Bring to boiling; stir in rice. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or till rice is tender.
- If desired, garnish with additional sliced olives.