Look no further than this smoked chili recipe if you’re looking for a comforting and satisfying meal to warm you up on a cold winter day. This dish is packed with tender meat, bold spices, and a smoky undertone that will warm you up from the inside out. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Whether you prefer spicy or mild chili with beef or pork, this recipe is versatile enough to accommodate any preference.
Chili has been a staple comfort food for many years, and good reason. It’s easy to make, it’s filling, and it’s packed with flavor. But this recipe takes it to the next level by adding a smoky flavor that will transport your taste buds to a new level. Whether you’re using a smoker or adding some smoked paprika, this recipe will give you a rich and deep flavor that’s hard to find in other chili recipes.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making this delicious smoked chili at home. It’s easy to follow and packed with flavor; it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
- 2 lbs of beef or pork, diced into small cubes
- two onions, diced
- three cloves of garlic, minced
- two bell peppers, diced
- two cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 tbsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced meat and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes. This step will add rich flavor to your chili.
- Remove the meat from the pot and set it aside.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic to the pot and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. This will add sweetness and depth to your chili.
- Return the meat to the pot and stir in the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper. These spices will give your chili its bold, smoky flavor.
- Add the diced tomatoes and beef broth to the pot and stir to combine. This will create a rich and thick base for your chili.
- Bring the chili to a simmer and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer for 1-2 hours or until the meat is tender. This step is essential to allow the flavors to meld together and the meat to become tender.
- Taste the chili and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the chili with toppings of your choice, if desired.
Note: For the smoked flavor, you can smoke your chili on low heat for about 1-2 hours in a smoker.
This recipe makes about eight servings of chili. Each serving is high in protein, fat, and calories. A rough estimate of the nutritional information per serving is as follows:
Calories: 400-450 Fat: 20-25g Protein: 30-35g Carbohydrates: 15-20g Fiber: 3-5g
Please note that these values are approximate and may not be entirely accurate. It’s best to use a nutrition calculator to get more specific information.
In conclusion, this smoked chili recipe is an excellent option if you’re looking for a hearty, flavorful, and easy-to-make meal. The combination of tender meat, bold spices, and smoky flavor make this dish irresistible. Experiment with different types of meat and toppings, and adjust the spiciness to your taste preferences. Enjoy your homemade smoked chili!