When it comes to a delicious weeknight meal, few dishes are as satisfying and easy to prepare as Soy-Glazed Chicken. This classic Asian-inspired dish is made with a savory combination of soy sauce, garlic, and ginger, creating a flavorful glaze that pairs perfectly with juicy chicken thighs. Whether you are a beginner in the kitchen or a seasoned chef, this simple yet delicious meal is sure to impress.
This recipe doesn’t require fancy ingredients and can be made in under 30 minutes. The soy sauce marinade gives the chicken an undeniably delicious flavor, while the garlic and ginger add complexity. Plus, it’s an excellent opportunity to use any leftover vegetables in your fridge. Served over steamed rice or creamy mashed potatoes, this Soy-Glazed Chicken is sure to become a regular in your dinner rotation.
This recipe will show you how to make a fantastic Soy-Glazed Chicken dish that your family and friends will love. So grab your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get cooking!
Soy-Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 2 pounds meaty chicken pieces
- breast halves, thighs, drumsticks, skinned
- ¼ cup white vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- or 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. Place chicken in a plastic bag set in a deep bowl.
- For marinade, in a mixing bowl combine vinegar, honey, soy sauce, garlic, gingerroot, and onion powder; pour over chicken in bag. Close bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Arrange chicken in a 12x7½x2-inch baking dish with meaty portions toward edges of the dish. Pour marinade over chicken. Cover with waxed paper.
- Cook on 100% power (high) for 12 to 14 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink, rearranging and spooning marinade over chicken after 8 minutes.