Hey there, foodie friends! If you’re looking for a delicious new way to enjoy your favorite pasta dish, I’ve got the perfect recipe! Today we’re making Spaghetti Pie – a savory and cheesy dish sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. This simple yet flavorful recipe requires just a handful of ingredients so that you can whip it together in no time. The cheesy base and crispy topping make it the perfect comfort food for those chilly nights. And if you’re looking for a way to get your kids to eat their veggies, this is it! So grab your apron and let’s get started – our Spaghetti Pie is almost ready!
Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- 4 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 beaten egg
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ pound lean ground beef or turkey
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon fennel seed optional
- 1 8- ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano crushed
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a saucepan cook spaghetti in a large amount of boiling unsalted water for 10 to 12 minutes or just till tender. Drain well. Return to saucepan and stir margarine into hot pasta till melted. Stir in egg and Parmesan cheese.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray coating. Press spaghetti mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese over crust.
- In a skillet cook beef or turkey, onion, green pepper, garlic, and fennel seed, if desired, till onion is tender and meat is no longer pink. Drain off fat. Stir in tomato sauce and oregano; heat through. Spread meat mixture over cottage cheese. Sprinkle mozzarella atop meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven for 20 to 25 minutes or till bubbly.