If you’re looking for something special to wow your friends and family at your next BBQ, look no further than this delicious spicy beef and bean burger recipe. With the perfect blend of spicy and savory flavors, this burger is sure to become a hit with everyone. Not only is it packed full of flavor, but it’s also incredibly simple and easy to make. Let’s get grilling!
Spicy Beef and Bean Burger Recipe
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- ½ 15- ounce can ¾ cup pinto beans,
- drained and mashed
- ¼ cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon canned diced green chili peppers
- or 1 teaspoon chopped canned
- jalapeno peppers
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 8- inch flour tortillas halved
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup salsa
- In a large mixing bowl combine egg white, beans, bread crumbs, celery, chili peppers, and garlic powder. Add ground beef, mix well.
- Shape meat mixture into eight ½-inch-thick oval patties.*
- Place patties on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 12 to 14 minutes or till meat is no longer pink, turning once.
- To serve, place a lettuce leaf and a burger in the center of each tortilla half. Top with 1 tablespoon of the salsa. Bring ends of tortilla up and over burger. Top with another tablespoon salsa.