Are you ready for a delicious and flavorful bread recipe? If so, try this spicy wheat and oat bread recipe! This delicious recipe is the perfect combination of a soft, spongy texture and a deliciously spicy flavor. Whether you’re looking for a tasty side dish or a snack to refuel your energy, this is the perfect recipe to satisfy your craving. Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s also easy to make and can be baked in no time. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a perfectly soft and tasty piece of bread ready to enjoy. So what are you waiting for? Please put on your apron, and let’s get baking!
Spicy Wheat and Oat Bread Recipe
- 1½ to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup water 120° to 130°
- 2 tablespoons molasses honey,
- or maple-flavored syrup
- 1½ teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- Nonstick spray coating
- Skim milk
- Rolled oats
- In a small mixer bowl mix 1¼ cups of the all-purpose flour, the yeast, salt, and all the spices. Add the water, molasses, and oil. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in whole wheat flour, the ½ cup oats, and as much of the remaining all-purpose flour as you can.
- On a lightly floured surface knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes). Shape into a ball. Place in a bowl sprayed with nonstick coating; turn once. Cover; let rise in a warm place till double (about 1 hour). Punch down; turn out onto a floured surface. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Spray an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray coating. Shape dough into a loaf, place in pan. Cover; let rise in a warm place till nearly double (about 30 to 45 minutes). Brush with skim milk and sprinkle lightly with additional oats.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till done. Remove from pan; cool.