Snack time is such a fun part of the day! Whether it’s a mid-morning break or an afternoon pick-me-up, snack time is the perfect time to enjoy something satisfying and delicious. If you’re looking for a new way to liven up your snack time, this sweet and spicy popcorn recipe is just what you need! This heavenly sweet and spicy snack is the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors, and you’ll be delighted by the combination of salty popcorn with a zesty kick of spice. Not only is this sweet and spicy popcorn super tasty, but it’s also really easy to make. So grab your bowl, get your popcorn kernels popping, and let’s start making some Sweet and Spicy Popcorn!
Sweet and Spicy Popcorn Recipe
- Nonstick spray coating
- 6 cups popped popcorn using no oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Spray a cold 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray coating. Place popcorn in the baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together sugar, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Add spice mixture to popcorn in baking pan. Toss popcorn till coated. Bake in a 350° oven for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Transfer popcorn from baking pan to a large piece of foil. Cool popcorn completely. If desired, store in a tightly covered container.