Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make sandwich recipe? Look no further than this zippy tuna sandwich recipe! It’s the perfect blend of crunchy veggies, creamy mayo and tuna, and a kick of spices to give you an amazing flavor that will make your taste buds dance! Plus, it takes only a few minutes to make so you can whip up a tasty meal in no time. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite and make sure you have plenty of requests for seconds. So, let’s get started on making this mouthwatering sandwich!
Zippy Tuna Sandwich Recipe
- 1 6½- ounce can tuna water pack,
- drained and broken into chunks
- 1 hard-cooked egg chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped dill pickle
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 3 small pita bread rounds halved
- In a small mixing bowl combine tuna, egg, pickle, celery, mayonnaise, and mustard; mix gently.
- Divide among 3 small airtight containers. Chill overnight. Store up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- For each serving, pack 1 lettuce leaf and 2 pita bread halves in separate small clear plastic bags. Carry with 1 container of the tuna mixture in an insulated lunch box with a frozen ice pack.
- To serve, place some lettuce and tuna mixture into each pita bread half.